Late last night Adobe put up Lightroom 4 for purchase and download. B&H, Amazon, etc all have it available for purchase. If you get it from Adobe's site you can buy it and download it right away. The full version is $149 and the upgrade $79. If you have a NAPP discount you can knock another 15% off of that.
The new features include (copied directly from Amazon):
- Highlight and Shadow Recovery - Bring out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights. Now you have more power than ever before to make great images in challenging lighting conditions.
- Photo Book Creation - Create beautiful photo books from your images with a variety of easy-to-use templates included in Lightroom, and then upload your book for printing with just a few clicks.
- Superior Image Processing - Get the absolute best from your images with state-of-the-art image processing controls. Make precise overall adjustments or correct targeted areas.
- Extended Video Support - Organize, view, and make adjustments and edits to video clips. Play and trim clips, extract still images from them, or adjust clips with the Quick Develop tool.
- Advanced Black-and-White Conversion - Gain powerful control over the tonal qualities that make or break black-and-white images. Precisely mix information from eight color channels when you convert to grayscale.
- Superior Noise Reduction - Achieve amazing, natural-looking results from your high ISO images with state-of-the-art noise reduction technology. Apply noise reduction to the entire image or target specific areas.
- One-Click Adjustments to Multiple Images - Save time when processing many images. Apply the same develop settings, exposure, or contrast, for example—to all the photographs in a group at once using presets or syncing.